October 31, 2015 - November 8, 2015
Join us in Banff, Alberta, Canada this fall to celebrate 40 years of cutting-edge adventure and exploration from filmmakers and authors around the globe at the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival.
Help celebrate the 40th Anniversary with a Kick-Off Party in Banff Avenue Square. Featuring live music by The Bitterweed Draw, special Festival guests, bonfires and fun! Friday, October 30th from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Continue the party at Wild Bill's Saloon for the Kick-off After party. Free mechanical bull riding 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. & enjoy The Brent Lee Band from 10 p.m.Free entry with Festival coupon - pick yours up at the Kick-Off Party.
40th anniversary highlights in 2015 include:
- Over 75 films including North American and World premieres!
- Featured films include the opening night screening of Meru, winner of Audience Award at the 2015 Sundance Festival, the North American premiere of The Citadel, the World Premiere of The Rockies Traverse – and the film Hadwin's Judgement, an adaptation of the award-winning book The Golden Spruce.
- In-person appearances from world-renowned climbers Alex Honnold and Tommy Caldwell (USA), Simone Moro (ITA), Lydia Bradey (NZ) and top female free-skier and alpinist Kit Deslauriers (USA).
- 40 years of breathtaking films and adventure celebrated with Festival Flashback Film Screenings and a 40th anniversary panel of the world's top climbers on 'The Next 40 Years.'
- Authors and adventurers sharing their latest works including: James Raffan, Lori Lansens, Bernadette McDonald, and David Chaundy-Smart (CAN); Jeff Long, Kelly Cordes, and David Gessner (USA); Jules Lines, Keith Partridge, and Jonathan Griffith (UK).
- FREE Mountain Art Exhibitions, book signings, and so much more.
Click here for the full festival schedule.
Be inspired. Be energized. Come together to celebrate the spirit of adventure at the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival.
*Schedule subject to change without notice