April 10, 2015 - April 26, 2015
Arts, Culture, History, Heritage.
Leap into spring with an annual festival that delivers a unique perspective on Banff National Park! Each April, as springtime breathes new life into the landscape, exciting programming during springstART will highlight Banff’s cultural, historic and artistic scene.
Since Banff National Park’s inception in 1885, its spectacular beauty has inspired artists of every kind. Many of the first explorers and mountaineers were painters, writers, photographers and musicians, each one interpreting the mountain landscape in a way that would make the destination even more famous than before.
Continuing with that tradition, springstART offers a rich collection of events that are as diverse as they are educational and inspiring. Heritage home tours introduce you to characters from the past, while live theatre and musical performances from iconic Canadian artists demonstrate why Banff is a hub for world-class creativity. Mountain films, artistic workshops and exhibitions bring the unique mountain culture to life, along with a variety of on-street animation.
During springstART you’ll discover a vibrant cultural scene matched only by the spectacular mountain landscape.
*Please note event schedule subject to change without notice
Feature springstART workshops:
- Acrylic Painting Workshop with Sheila Kernan AM - SOLD OUT
- Acrylic Painting Workshop with Sheila Kernan PM - SOLD OUT
- Cubs on Canvas Workshop with Alice Helwig
- Soapstone Carving Workshop with Allan Waidman AM
- Soapstone Carving Workshop with Allan Waidman PM
- Watercolour Journal Sketching with Janice Tanton
- Watercolour Workshop with Donna Jo Massie
- Introductory Photography Workshop with Linda Craddock
- Advanced Photography Workshop with Linda Craddock
- Best of Banff Sunrise Photography Workshops with Mark Unrau
springstART is made possible in part due to contributions from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts.
Questions about springstART? Please contact email@example.com