February 6, 2015 - February 8, 2015
The Big Bear kicked-off 2014's SnowDays festival with a bang. This year the event will close out the month long festival with an even bigger bang. On Friday February 6, starting at 6pm, street party meets terrain park showdown on Bear Street. Watch ski and snowboard pros sponsored by Salomon Snowboards, K2 and Icelantic Skis as they stomp out their tricks on custom designed ramps and rails - all to the adrenaline-pumping sounds of local and RED Bull DJ's. In between sessions you will have a chance to win great prizes, mingle with the athletes and hunt down autographs from the talented pros.
Food and beverage vendors will round out this one-of-a-kind event, happening right on Banff’s Bear Street from 6:00pm-9:00pm including our Molson Beer Garden where you will have the best view of the rail event. Our ski hill partners and sponsors will be setup on Bear Street with fun activations and a chance to win some cool prizes! And don't miss the chance to enter a contest where you could win a day skiing or riding with one of the pros!
The rail jam will wrap up at 9pm and the party will move to the Aurora for the official Big Bear Afterparty, free entry with the purchase of your Big Bear ticket.
The fun doesn't end Friday. The whole Big Bear weekend will be jam packed with activities and parties that will kick your ski & snowboard mojo into high gear. Sunshine Village, Lake Louise Ski Resort, and Norquay will all have activities happening during the day before you settle down by a crackling fire for some apres in Banff or Lake Louise.
- The Big Bear tickets are on sale now at the Banff Ski Hub located at 119 Banff Avenue
- Tickets are only $10 (Cash only) and are available at this location until noon on February 6
- Tickets will also be sold on location, Bear Street, February 6 starting at 4pm - depending on availability
- Kids 12 and under FREE with adult
- The Big Bear ticket includes FREE entry into the official after party at the Aurora Nightclub until 12:00am - Must be 18+ years of age
- The Big Bear ticket also includes deals and promotions at participating Banff businesses during the entire weekend - See Full schedule for details
Important Street Closures & Parking Restrictions:
February 4 - February 7
- 200 Block Bear Street Parking Lot fully closed 12:00pm
- 3pm - Bear Street adjacent to event site closed to vehicular traffic
- 11pm - Bear Street fully re-open to vehicular traffic
Click here for more information on all the great festival and events happening throughout SnowDays.