Sulphur Mountain Interpretive Guided Hike
Meet at the main Sulphur Mountain trailhead, on the edge of the parking lot just below the Banff Upper Hot Springs (parking is available, or take ROAM bus #1).
Tuesdays from June 24 through September 9. Meet at 3:45pm. Hike departs at 4:00pm sharp.
$25 per person. Includes option of complimentary one-way trip down on Banff Gondola after 6:30pm.
12 people per hike, minimum 8 years old.
Moderate. 5.5km (3.4 miles) one way. 655m (2150 feet) elevation gain.
The switchbacks on the slopes of Sulphur Mountain provide a steadily graded trail to a summit renowned for its breathtaking mountain views. This is a challenging, but rewarding hike and people need to be moderately fit to enjoy it. This trail figured prominently in the lives of some of Banff’s key historical characters and we’ll share some of these amazing stories with you as we hike. At the summit, we’ll have the option for a 1 km side trip on the boardwalk trail that departs from the Observation Deck, offering more great views, remnants of the Cosmic Ray Station, and the Sanson Peak Weather Observatory. The return trip is by Gondola!
Approximately 2.5 hours from base to summit including side trip to Sanson Peak.
Please select from dates below.
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - July 15, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - July 22, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - July 29, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - August 5, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - August 12, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - August 19, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - August 26, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - September 2, 4:00pm
- Sulphur Mountain Guided Hike - September 9, 4:00pm
Contact email@example.com or call 403-763-2050
-hiking boots or runners (no sandals)
-snack (e.g. granola bar or cookie)
-water (at least 1 litre)
-fleece (or warm shirt)
-toque and mitts (depending on weather)