Administrative Coordinator (Part-Time)
EMPLOYER: Banff Heritage Tourism
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: Banff, Alberta
HOURS: Part Time (15 hours per week, August-December 2015, with possibility of extension. Please note that the position hours are Saturdays & Sundays, 8:30am - 5:00pm)
The Administrative Coordinator performs general administrative, research, financial, secretarial and project management functions as assigned by the Executive Director (ED).
Responsibilities may include: management of projects assigned through to completion; drafting of correspondence; conducting research; opening, sorting and distribution of incoming mail; support for basic financial needs; and various administrative functions.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible to the ED. The Administrative Coordinator must be able to anticipate needs and provide resources appropriate to assuring optimum success of all projects assigned.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as required
- File and photocopy as required
- Draft letters, minutes and other correspondence on behalf of the ED
- Assist with scheduling for the ED’s meetings
- Run bank deposits and financial processing including preparation of invoices and cheques through Quickbooks
- Assist with preparation for annual audit
- Conduct research as requested into topics of support to the ED
- Undertake other special projects and assignments as identified by the ED
- General Duties
- Assist the ED as requested including preparation for meetings, project support, business planning, and other tasks
- Banff Ambassador program
- Coordinate scheduling of all sessions with partners and contractors
- Maintain database of program participants
- Complete monthly evaluation reports and monitor program
- Send email communication to past participants
- Assist the ED with the development of additional program components and refinements to the program
- Program Development
- Assist the ED with the development and execution of new visitor experience programs
- Maintain website and monitor traffic
- Maintain social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Strong understanding and passion for heritage tourism and the destination;
- Must have proven organizational skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Strong general secretarial and administrative skills;
- Close attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in written and verbal correspondence;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Must be proficient in the use of desktop software such as MS Office and be willing to learn other software as required;
- Must have the ability and desire to attend to the details which provide the "finishing touch" and make the difference between ordinary and exceptional results.
- Basic understanding of Quickbooks and accounting processes
- Strong understanding of social media and appropriate online behaviour
Please submit resume and cover letter to John Bowden, Executive Director, Banff Heritage Tourism, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 24th.