Freelance Writing and Marketing Services
Meghan J. Ward is an outdoor, travel and adventure writer based in Banff, Alberta. Her work has been published by a variety of magazines throughout North America, including IMPACT Magazine, Alpinist, Backcountry Magazine, Travel Alberta, and the Canadian Alpine Journal.
She specializes in creating marketing materials and web content for the tourism industry and beyond.
Servicing Businesses in the Canadian Rockies
I will work with your business to create new and fresh website content that can work with your chosen SEO keywords and terms and captivate potential clients. Whether it’s your landing page, a list of your services or your company “About” page, I’ll create the well-written content you need to maintain a professional presence online.
Marketing Materials & Social Media
-Brochures – Send out the right message with fresh content that will bring you the results you’re looking for.
-Advertorials – Engaging text to help you promote your events and latest promotions. See sample advertorial text here.
-Social Media Consulting – I believe social media marketing is most effective when it is authentic – meaning it needs to come from you! I’m here to get you started, provide basic training and help you create a sustainable social media program. You take it from there!
Sample Projects I’ve Done
- Wrote ten page advertorial for up! Magazine (see pages 57-67) on behalf of Banff Lake Louise Tourism promoting ski and snow sports in Banff National Park.
- Edited film descriptions for The Banff Centre‘s Banff Mountain Film Festival.
- Reported live through social media for the Alpine Club of Canada‘s IFSC World Cup Bouldering.
- Wrote camping and hiking content for Parks Canada‘s Banff National Park website.
- Wrote new consumer brochure for Banff National Park (Banff Lake Louise Tourism Bureau).
- Kick-started a social media campaigns for Banff Aspen Lodge, Alpinist Magazine, Sacred Roots Yoga, Alpine Club of Canada and Arctos & Bird.
- Web copy for the brand new banfflakelouise.com (Banff Lake Louise Tourism).
Arctos & Bird, Alpine Club of Canada, Sacred Roots Yoga, Kristen Stuart, nu roots nutrition, Banff Lake Louise Tourism, The Banff Centre, Parks Canada, Elegant Banff, Banff Lake Louise Hotel Motel Association, Banff Heritage Tourism, Banff Aspen Lodge, tuja wellness and A Banff Boutique Inn.