TAKE OUR MESSAGE TO THE MOUNTAINTOP
INSPIRE THE WORLD TO EXPERIENCE BANFF & LAKE LOUISE
Let your passion, creativity and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing Banff & Lake Louise Tourism’s social media channels and implementation of social marketing campaigns, in relation to the overall organizational short and long-term strategic goals and objectives. You will manage, grow and engage BLLT’s communities of visitors and prospective visitors by providing timely and highly relevant content and conversation via all BLLT online platforms for social media.
We’re welcoming the world to our doorstep and we need you to help spread the word!
The Social Media Manager maintains and monitors all relevant and emerging social media channels, and ensures that content is consistent with brand tone, monitors external trends and delivers plans that ensure timely, accurate and consistent approaches to using social media as a communications, trip motivation and advocacy channel. Additionally, the Social Media Manager will provide guidance for the Visitor Experience team as they work to support our visitor inquiries via social media.
- Contribute to BLLT’s annual business plan through using collaboration, forecasting and long term strategic goals to build social media strategy.
- Ensure the social media strategy supports the Events, Media, Consumer Marketing and Business Development teams’ initiatives to create a coordinated marketing approach for the destination.
- Ensures that Social Media tactics are properly managed and program expenses are within approved budget parameters.
- Day-to-day management and strategic development of all social platforms in accordance to brand guidelines and marketing initiatives, including but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, BLLT Blog and other digital platforms.
- In accordance with Events Team, ensure a clear social media plan is included when promoting and engaging at events
- Working with the content manager to create branded content that supports promotion of events, including but not limited to video production, social tags, contests and general outreach to visitors
- Research new technologies, track trends and apply new opportunities for social media.
- Manage the paid promotion of Banff and Lake Louise content across social platforms.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Partnerships & Team
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the destination with respect to best practices in social media marketing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with social media team at Travel Alberta, Destination Canada, and other key partners to enhance BLLT’s profile and cooperative opportunities with those organizations.
- Liaise with BLLT members through training sessions, working groups, and communication channels to demonstrate a leadership role in social media.
- Maintain and strengthen good relations with members of BLLT and Community.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A degree/diploma in Business, Business Administration, e-commerce, communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field with a minimum three to five years of experience.
- a solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
- strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas
- strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimization
- creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
- data analysis skills and statistical prowess to draw actionable insights
- an eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Must be innovative and adaptable, positive, able to find solutions and a strong team player.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry considered an asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- CURRENT RESIDENTS OF BANFF AND SURROUNDING AREAS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE. AT MINIMUM, APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA AND WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE AREA TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
To apply, please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017. While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.