TAKE OUR MESSAGE TO THE MOUNTAINTOP
INSPIRE THE WORLD TO EXPERIENCE BANFF AND LAKE LOUISE
Let your passion, creativity, and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. In this role, you will be responsible for the website and enhancing the overall digital visitor experience by putting the visitor’s needs at the forefront.
We’re welcoming the world to our doorstep and we need you to help spread the word!
What you'll be responsible for:
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the Banff & Lake Louise Tourism website and enhancing the overall digital visitor experience by putting the visitor’s needs at the forefront. This marketing position focuses on inspiring the world to visit Banff and Lake Louise by making it easy to plan their trip and find the experiences they seek.
The successful candidate has a clear understanding of digital marketing best practices, ecommerce, and project management of technical resources to maximize both mobile and web experience. The manager stays well-informed on digital trends and adapts to ensure our digital channels continue to be a business lead generator.
Digital marketing strategy and planning:
- Design and implement a digital strategy to increase traffic to the website, create demand for the destination, and increase leads to members; utilizing Google Analytics and consumer data collected through our website, search engine marketing, Park's Pass sales and e-newsletters.
- Improve the usability, design, and layout of content on banfflakelouise.com to increase website lead generation and make it the essential place for travellers to go for current, accurate and experiential vacation planning information.
- Work with the Digital Analyst to implement and maintain a consumer DBM platform that enable the organization to collect, analyse and segment consumer data from multiple touch points.
- Conduct content audits and ensure content is always up-to-date and relevant to our target consumer.
- Contribute to BLLT’s annual business and e-marketing plan.
- Track trends and apply new technology for web marketing.
- Tracking conversion rates and make improvements.
- Build testing strategies (A/B testing, user experience, content delivery).
- Evaluate web content delivery technologies including: e-commerce booking engines, e-newsletter providers, UX testing, blogging platform and associated analytics services, payment for user fees, contract services and policy settings.
- Work with appropriate web contractors to deliver a best in class travel destination site.
Partnerships and Team Support:
- Assist the Senior Manager of Consumer Marketing in the management of pay-per-click campaigns for banfflakelouise.com.
- Ensure the digital strategy supports the Visitor Experience and Business Development team’s initiatives to create a coordinated marketing approach for the destination.
- Create a destination digitization strategy that will elevate member’s digital presence and drive lead conversions.
- Work cooperatively with members to provide a quality, seamless, and comprehensive online digital experience for visitors.
- Liaise with BLLT members through training sessions, newsletters, events and marketing meetings to demonstrate a leadership role in online strategy.
- Promote the purpose and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as actively demonstrating the values.
- Act always in the best interests of BLLT, in an ethical and honest manner, and in full compliance with the policies of BLLT.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing.
- Website management experience in design, UX, ecommerce, SEO, email marketing, and social media.
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
- Currently residing in Banff or surrounding area will be considered an asset.
- Applicants must be legally entiltled to work in Canada and willing to relocation to the area to be considered for this position.
To apply, please send your résumé by September 29, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.