Let your passion, creativity and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. This unique, centralized role works collaboratively with the Business Development Managers and Consumer Marketing Team to develop on-brand marketing communications for the Travel Trade and the Meetings, Incentive, Conferences, Exhibitions (MICE) channels. Ultimately, this role works with the team to inspire year-round demand for the destination within our target markets.
We're welcoming the world to our doorstep and we need you to help spread the word!
The ideal applicant will have:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree specializing in marketing or tourism management;
- 5 years of progressive marketing experience including creating and implementing marketing campaigns and tactics;
- Strong business development focus with the proven ability to maintain and manage positive relationships;
- Superior communication skills across audiences and formats (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively present ideas and information to membership and team;
- Ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines while delivering strategic and operational results;
- Proven ability to project manage multi-dimensional projects across departments;
- Competency in developing and managing project budgets, invoicing and financial forecasting;
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans;
- Knowledge of digital technologies and keeping abreast of emerging technologies;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an openness to learning new technology and applications;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and cross-team collaboration skills; and
- Bilingualism in French, Spanish, German, Korean, Mandarin or Japanese are considered an asset.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist in the successful development and implementation of annual business and marketing plans for the Travel Trade (North & South America, Europe & Australia, Asia) and MICE (Canada, U.S. & International);
- Seek innovative approaches to conduct business and represent the destination including and beyond joint marketing agreements, in market activities and familiarization (FAM)/business development trips (BDT's);
- Keep up to date on new developments and industry trends and target markets to understand customer and market needs; and
- Managing a two-year blocking chart for the entire Business Development Team that includes marketing, in market activities and FAMS/ T's.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to create, negotiate, produce and implement agreed upon co-operative marketing tactics of the Travel Trade and MICE portfolios;
- Liaise with Consumer Marketing Team to manage the planning, development and use of content;
- Manage development and distribution of offline and online collateral sales tools including presentations, flatsheets, videos, display banner ads, etc;
- Be responsible for generating marketing assets by collaborating with Business Development Managers and the Consumer Marketing Team;
- Produce KPI reports for cooperative marketing initiatives and constantly optimizing for ROI;
- Create project briefs and instructions to lead the planning and implementation of campaigns;
- Plan project timelines and external deadlines as well as project milestones and internal deadlines; and
- Provide necessary insights to the Business Development Managers and make recommendations on the creation of possible marketing tools and assets.
To apply, please send your résumé to; firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.