Banff and Lake Louise Tourism facilitates advisory groups and taskforces to help build and deliver on the annual destination business plan and the strategic framework. It is an opportunity for members to provide insights and work directly alongside our team on plans and projects for the current and upcoming year. The groups are broken into several succinct niche areas of focus — identified from previous groups.
2022 Advisory Groups and Taskforces:
- Business Events Strategic Taskforce: Contributes the latest industry trends and insights, and helps BLLT to validate the strategic plan.
- Lake Louise Advisory Group: Supports the overall visitor experience during peak seasons. Understands the needs of the Lake Louise visitor with regards to movement throughout.
- Food Tourism Taskforce: Continues to keep food tourism strategy top-of-mind with Chef’s and Food and Beverage Managers across the destination and explores new opportunities and engage and involve member businesses in BLLT food tourism related events and initiatives.
- Events Taskforce: Creates an integrated approach to events across the destination. Identifies opportunities for members to participate in and support BLLT events and identifies opportunities for BLLT to support member events.
- Marketing Advisory Group: Discusses travel insights and how they will impact marketing plans. Gathers insights and trends from members and shares learnings. In 2022, the focus will be on the testing approach for the digital foundation and brand work being undertaken.
- Travel Trade Advisory Group: Shares insights, learnings and trends related to group travel.
The application deadline has now passed. If you are interested in participating in any of the above-groups, please contact the Manager, Member & Board Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about possible remaining availability.