On July 19, the federal government announced that effective August 9, Canada will allow fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) to enter the country. All other fully vaccinated travellers from abroad who meet entry requirements will be permitted to enter from September 7 and may not be subject to quarantine.
This is a positive step towards recovery of the tourism sector. We will be sharing our approach for the US and international markets soon. Watch this space for details. In the meantime, please see Destination Canada key messages:
- Visitors can feel confident in making travel plans as tourism businesses throughout Canada have made huge investments in new hygiene protocols.
- Canada’s adult population has one of the world’s highest rates of COVID-19 vaccination. Banff currently has over 90 per cent of the 12+ population with at least their first dose of vaccine.
- Travel to Canada is going to be different than it was prior to the pandemic.
- We encourage all travellers to be fully informed of the pre-entry and on-arrival public health and testing requirements both federally and provincially. This includes the mandatory use of the ArriveCAN app. Travellers should plan for extra time in the lead up, and upon the arrival of their trip.
- For the latest information on travel to Canada including the updated federal requirements and restrictions, please visit the Government of Canada website.
For the full announcement, see the Government of Canada press release.