Our proactive media pitching in June focused on telling stories relating to the new experience’s visitors can enjoy this summer, while continuing to highlight how to explore Banff and Lake Louise responsibly. We also conducted several interviews highlighting the impact of COVID-19 on our community and that now is the time for Canadians to travel to Banff and Lake Louise for their vacations. We are seeing travel media continue to produce coverage on trending topics, including outdoor adventure and road trips.
In June, we saw 304 earned stories including those syndicated, with a potential reach of 23,178,309 and an average media quality score of 8.3.
- The Globe and Mail: “Tourism operators ramp up local promotions to salvage the summer season.” Leslie was interviewed for this article.
- A mention of Banff National Park in “15 Amazing Places You Have To Visit On A Road Trip Across Canada,” a round-up by a UK-based travel blog that we have worked closely with in the past. The have visited our destination on more than one occasion and we provided them with an Alive Pass in spring 2019.
- Travel + Leisure India: “A Road Trip In Canada Means A Carefree Vacation—Here’s Some Proof For You!” This was a result of a visit from July last year that came to us through Destination Canada.
- Daily Hive covered many of our key messages in “Here's how to responsibly visit Banff National Park this summer.”
- The Icefields Parkway was mentioned as a scenic drive in a Toronto Star article, “Do you need a scenery change,” which was syndicated across more than 20 outlets.