Remember how alive you felt when you first saw Lake Louise? Feel it again.
The 17 magnificent experiences listed below are spread around the Lake Louise area like ripples in its emerald waters. Tourists don't usually have time to experience them, but as a local, you can. So step off the beaten track and dive deeper into the hidden gems of Lake Louise.
Two days in Lake Louise. One big adventure.
Maybe you’re trying to impress friends and family visiting from out of town or perhaps you’re looking for a deeper connection to nature for yourself. Either way, two days in Lake Louise will breathe new life into you, all summer long.
Here's an exciting 2-day itinerary for you:
- 7:00am: Fuel up at Laggan's Mountain Bakery in Samson Mall in Lake Louise. With an action-packed itinerary, it’s important to start the day with a hearty meal, like a BOB (breakfast on a bun).
- 7:30am: Capture the sunrise at Lake Louise. Walk along the lakeshore and get the majestic views from the boat dock. Try to be there early to catch the soft light and gorgeous reflections.
- 9:00am: Gallop your way to a quaint alpine teahouse. A 3-4 hour horseback adventure takes you to the Plain of Six Glaciers teahouse with tea, scones and selfies to enjoy.
- 1:00pm: Jump in the car and wind your way through the Icefields Parkway, stopping at accessible spots like Bow Lake, Peyto Lake and Herbert Lake. Known as “the most spectacular journey in the world”, you’ll experience a national treasure that stretches 232km through the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage Site. Watch for wildlife like big horn sheep and mountain goats and stop for a delicious picnic.
- 3:00pm: Spend the rest of your afternoon on top of the world at the Lake Louise Gondola. Savour the soaring peaks, then head to the Whitehorn Bistro where you can enjoy gourmet game at 2088m.
- 7:00pm: Finish the day with an evening paddle at Lake Louise. Then rejuvenate at your perfectly chosen Lake Louise hotel.
- 8:00am: Rise and shine! It’s time to grab a coffee and breakfast parfait from the Trailhead Café in Samson Mall.
- 9:00am: Start your day with an early morning drive through the Bow Valley Parkway, stopping at scenic viewpoints like Morant’s Curve and Castle Mountain Lookout.
- 11:00am: Take the 93S from Castle Junction and head to the trailhead for Boom Lake. This moderate hike boasts picturesque forests, snow-capped mountains and a stunning pay-off.
- 1:00pm: Lunch is served. Head to Storm Mountain Lodge, which features a truly unique, all-Canadian culinary experience and is located just down the road from the Boom Lake trailhead.
- 3:00pm: It’s time to shop. You’ve explored the rugged elements of the area and now it’s time to stroll the quaint streets of Banff. Splurge on local goods that you can’t find in the city.
- 6:00pm: It’s time to unwind after a busy two-day Lake Louise adventure. Dine at one of Banff’s iconic pubs and treat yourself to dessert – you deserve it.
- 8:00pm: Head back to Calgary, share your adventure on social media and start researching your next visit.