- Length: 6.3 km one way to Cascade River Bridge or 15.1m one way to Stoney Creek
- Elevation gain: 250 m or 435 m
- Trailhead: Lake Minnewanka Day-use area parking lot
- Double trackset with skating lane to Cascade River Bridge and then single track set for the rest of the trail to Stoney Creek
- Distance from Banff:
- Distance from Lake Louise:
Parking is available at the Lake Minnewanka day use are parking lot. The trail starts a short walk from there.
When to go
Dates can vary based on conditions
The full route through the Cascade Valley trends slightly uphill, making for a speedy return trip.
This fairly open trail can be impacted by the sun on warm days, so we recommend checking the trail report for recent grooming.
You'll find a Parks Canada Wardens Cabin at Stoney Creek and an open area where you can sit in the sun and break for lunch.
New to cross-country skiing? Sign up for a lesson to learn the ropes.
Check the Parks Canada Trail Report for up to date conditions.
Let's do this
Cross-country ski rentals available from